Don’t be intimidated by the phrase “Going Green”. It doesn’t have to cost a lot of time or money to become eco-friendly. Sustainability has become a hot topic for a good reason. There are so many ways an individual can lessen their carbon footprint. The more we realize that a little effort on our part can mean a world of difference, the greater effect it will have.
Why not make this the year you ‘Go Green’.
Follow these easy and cost effective tips to to start your green lifestyle:
- Replace regular light bulbs with fluorescent bulbs as they use 75% less energy and last 10 times longer!
- Turn computers off at night as it can save 40 watts each day.
- Keeping the freezer full, believe it or not, takes less energy than cooling a half-full or empty space.
- Skip the sink if you have a dishwasher. Try to avoid rinsing dishes before loading them and always make sure the dishwasher is full before running.
- Wash laundry in cold water when possible. According to Energy Star, 90% of energy consumed by a washing machine is used by heating the water. By washing your laundry in cold water you are saving energy while getting clean clothes!
- Utilize cruise control when driving to work. It can increase gas mileage by up to 15%, hence saving money and helping the environment .
- Go paperless and pay bills online to save on postage and benefit the environment by saving trees.
- Clean out your vehicle’s trunk to avoid lugging extra weight around.
- Recycle old cell phones and batteries properly so that they don’t end up in landfills and release toxic chemicals into the environment.
- Cut out the coffee stirrers – billions are thrown out each year immediately after use. Put sugar and cream in first and then pour in the coffee. You should have a perfect mixture!
Why not make a resolution that will have an impact on your community, our country and our world? Practice and preach Green Initiatives and help Going Green to go viral in the US this year.
Need more help on “Going Green”? Contact the trash experts of Delaware at Waste Masters Solutions.
Share on Facebook the way you plan to Go Green in 2016. Waste Masters Solutions is a commercial waste solution and recycling company serving all of Delaware. It’s our mission to make the community aware of how important reducing, recycling, reusing is for all of us.