Going Green is not only good for business, it’s good for your Budget. If the idea of saving your business money interests you then try implementing these 5 policies for your office.
- Create a ‘Switch Off’ Campaign: Optimizing your energy use on computers and other hardware equipment, as well as using lighting in only the spaces that are occupied can be an economic and environmental benefit. Consider supplying all employees with a ‘Smart’ power strip to cut back on ‘phantom load’, a senseless drain on power when devices aren’t even on.
- Switch to PCW (Post-Consumer Waste) Paper Products: These paper and packaging products use 45% less energy to produce and create half the waste than that of the traditional papermaking process. Needless to say, skip using paper when possible and be sure to implement a paper recycling policy throughout the office.
- Relamp the office using compact-fluorescent (CFL) or LED lights: Although these bulbs are more expensive than standard incandescent bulbs, they use much less energy and last a lot longer. It could possible save you up to $200 per bulb over time.
- Implement a comprehensive recycling policy: Create a recycling area within easy access with clearly labeled bins to recycle cardboard, plastics, glass, CDs, batteries, fluorescent tubes, IT equipment, etc…
- Install Water Hippos: Water conservation is another great way to go green. Placing water hippos in toilet cisterns will reduce the amount of water used for each flush.
Green Business is Good for Business!
Waste Masters Solutions, a leading commercial waste management company serving Delaware and the Tri-State area, is continually looking for smarter, more cost effective and environmentally friendly ways to manage waste. We can help Make your Business Eco-Friendly, call us today!