When you look out your window, what is the first thing you see? Most people would probably say a tree. However society as a whole tends to take these magnificent plants for granted. It is not false to say that we as humans would not survive without trees. A mature tree can produce nearly 260 pounds of oxygen per year, and without them we would not exist. But what are some other trees are necessary in order to improve our world? Read the list below to learn more!
- Clean airborne pollution. Trees absorb odors and pollutant gases by storing these harmful chemicals in their leaves and bark while simultaneously filtering the air we breathe.
- Provide shade and cooling. Shade from trees can reduce the amount of air conditioner usage during those hot summer days, while at the same time block the fierce winter winds during the colder months and could potentially lower your heating bill.
- Protects from soil erosion. Tree roots hold the soil together while their leaves reduce the force of wind and rain on the soil, ultimately fighting to prevent soil erosion.
- Reduce noise. Trees muffle the noise of a city or neighborhood by acting almost like a brick wall. By strategically placing trees around your house, you can expect a much quieter home.
- Increase property value. The beauty of an abundant amount of trees can increase your property value by 15%.
If you want to learn more about saving trees, contact the experts at Waste Masters Solutions!