Going Green is not only good for business; it is good for your wallet. Save your business money while helping to lessen your carbon footprints by implementing these policies for your office.
7 Eco-Friendly Ways to Save Money and the Environment:
1) Create an ‘Energy Saving’ Strategy: Optimize your energy usage by powering up only the electronic equipment and lighting in spaces that are in use. Avoid ‘phantom load’ which is a senseless drain by equipping employees with a ‘Smart’ power strip.
2) Go Paperless: Skip paper when possible and have a recycle paper protocol throughout the office. Use PCW (Post-Consumer Waste) Paper Products; these paper and packaging products use 45% less energy to produce and create half the waste than that of the traditional paper-making process.
3) Use Energy Efficient Lighting: Yes, compact-fluorescent (CFL) or LED lights are more expensive than standard incandescent bulbs, but they use much less energy and last a lot longer. It could possible save you up to $200 per bulb over time.
4) Recycling Policy: Create a recycling area within easy access with clearly labeled bins to recycle cardboard, plastics, glass, CDs, batteries, fluorescent tubes, IT equipment, etc…
5) Install Water Efficient Products: Water conservation is another great way to go green. Placing water efficient products in bathrooms will reduce water use.
6) Re-usable Coffee Cup: Avoid senseless waste at the coffee station by asking employees to bring in their favorite coffee mug. Cut out the coffee stirrers – billions are thrown out each year immediately after use. Put sugar and cream in first and then pour in the coffee. You should have a perfect mixture!
7) Recycle Batteries and Electronics: Batteries release toxic wastes or metals that leach into ground water and into the air when not properly disposed. Click Here to find a battery and cellphone recycling center near you and avoid dumping them in landfills, at all costs.
Want more ideas on more ways to go green?
Waste Masters Solutions is a reliable provider of top-of-the-line commercial waste and recycling solutions to businesses all around the Tri-State area, serving Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey. We are proud waste solution partners with the Philadelphia Eagles and Dover International Speedway.