That’s right, all month Americans are encouraged to honor those who have died protecting our freedom, current and former members of the U.S. Armed Forces. This month will have six national observances to spotlight the contributions of those who have served.
- Loyalty Day — Sunday May 1, 2017
- PSRW (Public Service Recognition Week) — May 7 to May 13, 2017
- Victory in Europe Day (VE Day)— May 8, 2017
- Military Spouse Appreciation Day — May 12, 2017
- Armed Forces Day — May 20, 2017
- Memorial Day — May 29, 2017
Since 1999 when Senator John McCain introduced legislation to designate the month of May as National Military Appreciation Month (NMAM) many events across the United States take place to honor those who serve. So take time this month to honor and thank the Delaware men and women who have given so much to preserve our freedoms.