This is the time of year that planning committees are busy preparing for outdoor events, such as Spring festivals, Summer or Fall Solstices, Harvest Festivals, Music Festivals, outdoor summer camps, parties, weddings and more.
Setting up vendors, caterers, tent and table rentals, porta potties and hand sanitizing stations are a few of the items first on the list for many event planners. That’s why we thought it might be helpful to share a few tips with you when it comes time to rent your porta potties. After all, Waste Master Solutions provides porta potty rentals for many of Delaware events, such as the annual St. Anthony’s Italian festival and the Firefly Music festival.
7 Porta Potty Tips for Your Next Outdoor Event:
- Location: Try placing your portable restroom in a high and dry area close to where beverages are served.
- Alcohol: Trust me, when alcohol is being served, they will get more use!
- Sanitation: Often a hand wash stations is advisable and sometimes required to keep your site up to code.
- Night Events: If your event will go until dusk or later, consider adding a light for safety and security purposes.
- Visibility: Place your restrooms in a highly visible area or have clear signs, so guests can find them.
- Cleanliness: If your event lasts for more than a day, consider having restrooms serviced daily so they are clean each new day.
- Handicap Access: It is advisable to have a handicap restroom for those with special needs or children.
Portable restrooms are often overlooked when it comes time to planning that outdoor event. Yes, it’s not a glamorous as getting a D.J or photographer, but hey, we all have to go!
If you need help figuring out how many porta potties you’ll need for your event, check out our ‘How Many Porta Potties Do I Need?‘ article.
Waste Masters Solutions is a reliable provider of top-of-the-line sanitation solutions, delivering porta-potties in pristine condition for events all around the Tri-State area, serving Delaware, Maryland, Pennsylvania and New Jersey.